The Reclusive Pilgrim

This a blog of my thoughts on politics, religion, philosophy. I am a reclusive pilgrim searching for the meaning of life and the higher power of goodness, in this world . My desire is to share my thoughts of what I have discovered through experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Methuen, Mass., United States

I have such a wide variety of interests including what might happen after worst case scenario's, such as what might happen after an ET attack, and the future of humanity. I also consider issues of politics and religion on my blogs and on other social media platforms.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The Supreme Court and the Senate Fillibuster:

While no one realy came out ahead in yesterdays comprimise, except Senator Mcain, the deal by the senator might be good for the country and democracy in long term. If John Mcain is a traitor to the republican party then he proved he is a faithful supporter of democracy. After all thats what politics' is all about, comprimise. So what if the nuclear option is off the table? Whats to say in the future that it comes up to the fore again?Especialy when a nominee for the Supreme Court comes before the senate. Fillibuster no, supermajority yes? Whats wrong with requireing sixtyone votes for approval to any of the courts. Take the fillibuster off the table for all court nominations and change the senate rule requireing a super majority. Its' still fair an democratic, its' an up or down vote and its' a super majority. The same number of votes reqireing an end to the fillibuster. If someone down there in D.C. had any smarts or guts, this should've been the comprimise struck, instead of the deal Senator Mcain got done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home