The Reclusive Pilgrim

This a blog of my thoughts on politics, religion, philosophy. I am a reclusive pilgrim searching for the meaning of life and the higher power of goodness, in this world . My desire is to share my thoughts of what I have discovered through experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Methuen, Mass., United States

I have such a wide variety of interests including what might happen after worst case scenario's, such as what might happen after an ET attack, and the future of humanity. I also consider issues of politics and religion on my blogs and on other social media platforms.

Monday, May 23, 2005

A Voice of Caution: On The Role of The Media

In the wake of the Newsweek scandel from last week, I urge caution, and not to get overly critical of the media. They serve a important role in sniffing out wrong doing by government officials. A free press with the right to keep anonymous sources acts as check on government. Thus serving a valueaable role in democracy. So before anyone starts proposeing tougher regulations on the media, I suggest they stop and think about the exact crime if any committed by the media.
The media it should also be pointed out is also at the mercy of the the free market in that they are out to make a profit to off the news. Which in its self seems fine. But if a story breaks from a major news organizetion, and the public backlash is negative towards the news organization then they risk looseing a audience for its' news. They risk looseing creditablity with both the public and private sectors. They thus risk loosing going out of buiseness. So lets keep this in mind when a fire storm breaks over a major news story that nobody likes and the passions run high with disgust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home