The Reclusive Pilgrim

This a blog of my thoughts on politics, religion, philosophy. I am a reclusive pilgrim searching for the meaning of life and the higher power of goodness, in this world . My desire is to share my thoughts of what I have discovered through experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Methuen, Mass., United States

I have such a wide variety of interests including what might happen after worst case scenario's, such as what might happen after an ET attack, and the future of humanity. I also consider issues of politics and religion on my blogs and on other social media platforms.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

What the hell is this, Russia?

My apologies to Larry the cable guy for borrowing his line, but its' appropriate for whats been happening in this country of democracy and freedom. Freedom? Its' gouing to be an endangered species pretty soon the way government is takeing power which is not theirs. I must admit that I did vote for President Bush, but under his presidency we've seen a lost of freedom and tranparency of government. What we allso see is a Republican Congress willing to follow him off the clift. The turning point in recent American History was the events of September 11, 2001. On that day America became hostage to fear. That is the day America lost its' freedom as we became hostage to the terrorists of hate. Whatever happend to the idea that Republicans were fot the limited role of goverment regualtion of society? Does that apply only when it comes to the needs of bid buisness, at the cost to American taxpayers? Whose freedom is government protecting? Big buisness? Because government certainly is'nt protecting my freedom. I see government giveing into fear and takeing more of my rights as a citicezen. I see government being less acctountable to me the taxpayer, and more to the fears of a few, and big buisness. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I should be able to live my life in private without the prying eyes of government watching what I do in the name of national security. Now its become in the name of national securtity that government keeps secret any files it might have on me, they cant' say now if I'm ever under investigation for saying something against the government. If I'm notified that I'm under investigation for alleged terror activities I cant' tell anyone? Thats' crap. That flies in the face of due process and the ablity to clear my name in a public manner, however I choose. How about innocent till proven guilty? Oh I forgot that does'nt realy apply any more since we're in this war on terror. (Well somebody let me know when its over so I can wake up from this nightmare,and watch as government creep continues, and say I told you so.) New rules apply? Since when? The basis of democracy is on the noble character of the people. When we have the loss of virtue, we fall into a state whare nothing is shameful, and the people loose their rights to the needs of the state. Thus government creep follows when the people fail to act with virtue, and to remain vigilant of the actions of the state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home