The Reclusive Pilgrim

This a blog of my thoughts on politics, religion, philosophy. I am a reclusive pilgrim searching for the meaning of life and the higher power of goodness, in this world . My desire is to share my thoughts of what I have discovered through experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Methuen, Mass., United States

I have such a wide variety of interests including what might happen after worst case scenario's, such as what might happen after an ET attack, and the future of humanity. I also consider issues of politics and religion on my blogs and on other social media platforms.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Unwanted Democracy:

Do Iraqis realy want democracy? Isnt' this terrorist thing about people rejecting Americas' power? Every time every America flexes her military power we are percieved as being an imperial colonizeing power. The cold war is over should we realy have such a big military force?Obvious with our presance in Iraq it seems that our military isnt' big enough. America should represent the ideal model of democracy. Despite this nations flaws, we do represent the best model of democracy ever, in the history of the world. The question that arises here is how should Iraqis govern themselves? Whats the best form of government for them? I'm inclined to think its democracy, because it allows for the freedom of choice, or the right of self determination. Thus the Colin Powell proverb"you break it, you own it." Will Iraqis fully embrace democracy? I think they will, but I think they need time time to work things out, and not be rushed becaused of Americas' desire to pull out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home