The Reclusive Pilgrim

This a blog of my thoughts on politics, religion, philosophy. I am a reclusive pilgrim searching for the meaning of life and the higher power of goodness, in this world . My desire is to share my thoughts of what I have discovered through experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Methuen, Mass., United States

I have such a wide variety of interests including what might happen after worst case scenario's, such as what might happen after an ET attack, and the future of humanity. I also consider issues of politics and religion on my blogs and on other social media platforms.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Supreme Court Justices and Democracy:

In this modern day and age a Supreme Court justice is no longer ruleing on the constituion, but on the a whole body of law that this nation has created over the last twohundred plus years. We have today a vacancy on the Supreme Court, over the years the process of replaceing a justice has been civil between the executive and legislative branches. However the time has come I believe, to rethink the way this counrty selects its' high court jurists. The Supreme Court and the collective body law that we as a nation ask it to rule on has grown so much that a jurist can no longer lie solely on those ideas and philosophies that guided the nations' founding fathers'. A justices education must now be broad and wide rangeing so that they have the proper background to rule on the vairances of law. Its' becomeing unacceptable that a nominee that merely have a good education , philisophy, and credentials that a president would like, and nominate to the high court, but rather they have an open and inmaginative mind. I believe the time has come to change the constituion to allow the people to vote on canidates to the high court. I believe the issues that now go before the supreme court are too imprtant for the people not to have a say on who becomes a Supreme Courtg justice. It is the virtue and noblity of democracy that the eclection of juristsbe the way in America. To amend the constituion to allow for the election of our jurists is not only noble and virtuous but it is the fasirest way to ensure that a fair selection of the jurists takes place, in a democracy such as America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home