The Reclusive Pilgrim

This a blog of my thoughts on politics, religion, philosophy. I am a reclusive pilgrim searching for the meaning of life and the higher power of goodness, in this world . My desire is to share my thoughts of what I have discovered through experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Methuen, Mass., United States

I have such a wide variety of interests including what might happen after worst case scenario's, such as what might happen after an ET attack, and the future of humanity. I also consider issues of politics and religion on my blogs and on other social media platforms.

Friday, August 19, 2005

The State and the Death Penalty:

The state in its' role of protecter of peace and justice has a responceability to bring to justice those who break the rule of law. The state throughout the coarse of human history has thought its' self as haveing the right to execute criminals, or those who have been accusesd of committing crimes worhty of death. More often than not the state has misused this assumed right for political gain. If the people vote to the state the power of death then the state, it would be assumed has a right to ececute those found worthy by the courts to kill the presumed guilty person in question. But unlike the natural rights of humanity, the state has no natural rights to speak of except what is given to the state by the people.
It is my belief that the death penalty should never be used. The state has no natural right to execute those found worthy of the penalty. The people have no right to give this right to the state. It is a right that lies solely in the hands of the almighty. The power of death lies solely with the divine, becase it is the almighty who has power over death and life. Those people guilty of the death penalty deserve to rot in prison the rest of their exsistance. Its' my view that the loneliness of a prison cell, and the secluded life of the prison is the closest thing to hell on earth, which is appropriate considering the serious nature of the crimes being prosecuted by the state. Evil has a way of takeing its own,"death". I can think of quite a few examples whare the most hidieous of criminals died at the hands of other inmates in the name of a higher being. But to me, the right to judge the whether or not a person is worthy of death lies not with the people or the state, but in the hands of the allmighty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home