The Reclusive Pilgrim

This a blog of my thoughts on politics, religion, philosophy. I am a reclusive pilgrim searching for the meaning of life and the higher power of goodness, in this world . My desire is to share my thoughts of what I have discovered through experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Methuen, Mass., United States

I have such a wide variety of interests including what might happen after worst case scenario's, such as what might happen after an ET attack, and the future of humanity. I also consider issues of politics and religion on my blogs and on other social media platforms.

Friday, May 06, 2005

Abortion: Question of intent

In my last post I tried to explore both sides of the abortion debate, here I wish to explore the meaning of intent to have an abortion and the ramifications it has on people. What is the intent for the abortion? Is it to avoid raising a child with disablities? Is the desire to have a child with specific looks? Is the child totaly unwanted by one or both of the parents? Is the woman under pressure to have the abortion performed? To me it is the nature of the intent that determines the severity of evil that is being chosen. To choose to have an abortion because the fetus is diformed, or has a disease like downsyndrome is a most hideous of reasons for an abortion. For a teenage girl to have an abortion because shes' too young to properly care for the baby,and the father might not be supportive of the girl if she chose to carry the baby the full term of the pregancy, then one must be more forgiveing in this light. I would not judge a woman for haveing an abortion because I am not aware of her circumstances. How can people judge a woman for haveing a abortion when they themselves are not aware of all of the facts? Abortion is yes an appalling act. But it is an act that is hard to be critical of because its' such a personal and emotional choice. This world was created, it is my belief, to allow a speices, humans, a choice between good and evil. Abortion, and the choice between it, and birth exemplifies the choice between good and evil that we all must make at some point in our lives. I believe that choice is guaranteed as a natural right of all humanity. Thus as appalling as it might seem the state has an obligation to defend, to protect the natural rights of everyone. With that said when does life begin and when are the rights of the baby to protected? At the moment of birth, the begining of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home